Friday, April 29, 2016

Outcome #5: Ability to reflect upon and integrate global learning experiences.

The University of Hawaii at Hilo has provided me with many opportunities to experience the world and its diversity. By enrolling the Global Engagement Certificate I have completed many courses in globally related issues, obtained a beginner level of Korean language, studied abroad in South Korea and Scotland, and analyzed various cultural events that I have participated in. Through these various globally and culturally enriching experiences I have been exposed to new perspectives and have developed competencies needed to thrive in today’s dynamic interconnected world. Although I have a great interest in my major, Kinesiology, understanding our global community is what I am very passionate about. 
These globally enriching experiences I have had will help me in my future career because I am better prepared to interact to a more diverse groups of people. I understand that people of different background and cultures will have different ideas because that’s what they have grown up with and have been accustomed to. To reduce conflicts, more people need to understand and be accepting of views that are different from their own. I want to work in an international and intercultural setting so being considerate of different ideas won't be a problem for me. Completing the Global Engagement certificate in combination and working the Big Island Visitors Bureau as Miss Aloha Hawaii has made me realize  I want a career  where I will constantly interact with people from all around the world. I am currently interested in attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa Travel Industry Management starting the 2017-2018 academic year. 




A few photos from when I traveled with the Big Island Visitors Bureau to help promote Hawaii Island Tourism


My next scholastic goal is to attend the University of Hawaii at Manoa's Travel Industry Management Graduate program starting the 2017-2018 academic year.
http://www.tim.hawaii.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment